One of the common health problems being faced day to day by professionals in the corporate environment, is hypertension. Hypertension is the medical term given for high blood pressure. It is the health condition where force exerted by the blood against the walls of the blood vessels. The pressure depends on the work being done by the heart and the resistance of the blood vessel.
According to the American Heart Association, in November 2017, about 85.2 million people are living with hypertensive conditions.
Hypertension has many causes which vary depending on a person’s lifestyle:
• A person’s diet which may be high in salt and fat
• Overweight and obesity
• Tobacco use and excessive drinking of alcohol.
• Chronic conditions such as kidney and hormone problems, diabetes and high cholesterol.
• A person’s family history may be a cause too. If parents have pressure it may be inherited
• Lack of physical activity
• Older age
• Some birth control drugs
While these factors can be avoided, there are treatment methods through which one can follow to treat hypertensive issues.
Changing your lifestyle can go a long way toward controlling high blood pressure. lifestyle changes include:
• Eating a heart-healthy diet with less salt
• Getting regular physical activity
• Maintaining a healthy weight or losing weight if you’re overweight or obese
• Limiting the amount of alcohol, you take in.
Many people ignore certain signs that can lead to becoming hypertensive until it gets to the peril stage of condition. One must be vigilant with regards to his or her health and lifestyle. If you notice your blood pressure is extremely high, there may be certain symptoms to look out for, including:
• Severe headaches
• Fatigue or confusion
• Sight problems
• Chest pains
• Difficulty in breathing
• Irregular heartbeat
• Blood in urine
• Pounding in your chest, neck, or ears
Kindly see your physician when you notice certain irregularities with regards to your health. Ignoring these red flags may lead to adverse effects in the long run which could cause discrepancies in your condition. Remember also that our facility is open to any questions regarding this.
Stay safe, live a stress-free life and speak to your doctor today.